Elemental Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training
“Journey Beyond the Physical”
Inner Dawn Yoga 200 Hour Certified Yoga Training is a deeply transformational and inspiring teacher training/ immersion and is open to yoga teachers and experienced practitioners as well. In the Elemental Teacher Training Program, you will learn through the elements and energy body; a mindful, approachable and transformative practice. There will be 7 Modules (weekends), with each one corresponding to an Element, a Chakra, and designed to take you through a “journey beyond the physical”. Whether you want to teach, or just EXPAND your AWARENESS and KNOWLEDGE of YOGA this program will support your growth, your life and your yoga practice.
What will you LEARN:
You will learn about the chakras; their functions, their meaning and their dynamics. You will learn how each chakra is connected to specific yoga postures, topics and areas of your life and by working with the chakras in a skillful way you can empower, balance and transform your life. You will learn several yoga styles including; vinyasa flow, hatha, yin, restorative, pre and post natal. You will be introduced to several meditation practices, breathing techniques, mantras, mudras, chakra healing, crystal and colour therapy. You can expect to learn how to teach and share your knowledge with special populations such as seniors (chair yoga) and children (kids yoga) for example. You will learn tools to stimulate the energy flow in each chakra with mudras, mantras and specific yoga sequences to give you tools to create balance in your own life and also get skilled in transmitting these practices to others. Inner Dawn Yoga’s teacher trainings are known to be deeply healing and transformational, that requires an inner desire of self discovery and self love. Inner Dawn Yoga is Registered with Yoga Alliance and is an accredited RYS 200 Yoga School. Upon graduation of the program you will be a Certified Yoga Teacher and may apply for the 200HourRYT designation through Yoga Alliance.
Topics Included in Training:
Practice of Yoga Asanas
- Basic Transformational yoga asana & sequencing
- Techniques of transformational yoga within the asanas
- Surya Namaskar and Chandra namaskar (sun & moon salutations)
- Basic preparatory joint movements to warm up & prevent injuries
- Sanskrit names of all positions
Mantras : building awareness with vibrations & chanting
- Seed Sounds for chakras: relaxation, purification, and activation
- Five Element mantra
- Invocation technique with mantra
- Gayatri Mantra, Ganesha Mantras, Ahem Mantra, Hanuman Mantra, Om Shanti Mantra, Ong Namo Mantra, Om Namaha Shiva Mantra
- Sanskrit training includes: chanting mantra, asanas, pranayama & other yoga vocabulary
Theory for Elemental Yoga
- Functions of 7 chakras and the Elements
- 5 bodies and Koshas
- Pranic body and 5 pranas and their functions
- Energy mechanics of Elemental yoga
History and Philosophy
- The Wheel of Yoga
- Comparison and brief history of main branches of yoga
- Patanjali’s Yogic philosophy and the 8 limbs of yoga
- Intro to Yoga Sutras, Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita & the yoga tradition
- History of Hatha Yoga & Flow
Pranayama - 'Control of the prana'
- Kapalabhati (cleansing breaths)
- Nadi shodana (alternate nostril breathing)
- Bhramari (humming bee breath)
- Ujjayi (victorious breath)
- Shitali & Sitkari (cooling breath)
- Discussion on bad breathing habits and correction techniques
- Conscious breathing techniques
-Full Yogic Breathing & Belly Breathing
- Mula Bandha
- Uddiyana Bandha
- Jalandhara Bandha
- Maha Bandha
- 3 Granthis
- Various Meditations ( Chakra, Vipassana, Dynamic…)
- Walking Meditations
- Five body meditation
- Eating Meditation
- Observation and awareness techniques
- Yoga Nidra relaxation techniques
- Karma Yoga
- Principles of demonstration & observation
- Assisting, modifications, correcting, instructing
- Finding your own teaching style
- Lesson planning
- Ethical guidelines for yoga teachers
- Classroom safety
Anatomy and Physiology
- Physical Anatomy and Physiology- basic knowledge of body systems including respiratory, digestive, circulatory, nervous, musculoskeletal, endocrine systems
- Psychic Physiology of yoga: Ida, pingala, shushumna
- Nadis and the nervous system
- Endocrine system and the Chakras
- Health benefits of yoga techniques, contraindications, and holistic use
- Intro. to Ayurveda: body types & diet
- Kinesiology& mechanics of body movement
Yoga Teaching Methodology
- Student teaching & observing
- Assisting in classes taught by others.
- Basic healthy yogic lifestyle
* We offer a creative and thoughtfully crafted Manual with our training; one that comes from Lisa’s over 20 years of personal yoga practice and 7000 hours of teaching experiences. *
If you are looking to expand your current practice or knowledge base, learn and deepen your practice, take time for self study, self love and transformation, look into who you really are and what you want in this life, connect with other like-minded souls, be a part of a community that thrives on kindness, gratitude & connection, explore the many layers and faucets of your being, AND possibly TEACH all that to others someday; then you need to apply to this life changing experience!
From one of our Graduates:
“I consider myself blessed to have taken my 200YTT with Lisa Craig at Inner Dawn Yoga. Her authentic open heart and welcoming demeanour set the tone for a truly transformative experience right from the very beginning. It's clear Lisa puts her heart and soul into her Yoga Teacher Training; even now, with two years teaching under my belt, I'm so grateful for her extensive yoga knowledge and experiences, which she shares openly. The growth that I've acquired in my practice, in my everyday life and as a new teacher have kindled my passion for yoga and I'm honoured to be an Inner Dawn Yoga YTT graduate. My heart is full of pride that I became and continue to be a part of the Inner Dawn Community” ~Catrina Thomas
Course Dates & Times:
6 weekends and one RETREAT up north, to finish off your training experience
July and August are free for weekends but during this time you will work on your 20 non contact hours.
So you do your observes, assists and teach, do your project , book report etc. So it’s up to you when and how you do all this. We can chat more about that. I give the summer off as I know it busy and only lasts so long! But to keep you in the practice you have these 20 hours to use up on your own time.
Oct 18,19, 20
Nov Retreat: 14 (arrive at night) 15,16 leave the 17th morning
Early Bird $3199.00 plus tax must be paid in full to receive the discount (Jan 15th deadline for EB)
After EB $3250.00 plus tax
That includes a manual, the retreat and all food for that weekend. Does not include travel expense which would be gas only and hopefully we all car pool.
Non-Refundable Deposit to book your spot $550.00
Payment Plans Available but payment is due in FULL by first weekend.
*If you can’t attend a weekend we must set up private lessons (at your cost) or depending on what weekend and what you missed, you will have to do a project or two, book report or attend extra classes/workshops with me etc. We can work that out together! * I will need to know this BEFORE ENTERING THE PROGRAM in your application.
Inner Dawn Yoga asks students interested in our program to apply and each application will be thoughtfully looked at by our Program Director, Lisa Craig. Before making such an investment of your time and money, and making sure we are good fit for what you are seeking; we have a few questions for you!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following questions and responses.
Why are you interested in this training?
Are you seeking more knowledge for personal practice or teaching? Or both?
How long have you been practicing yoga?
What do you love about yoga?
Are you ready to commit to an in depth, transformative experience that requires you to build a solid home practice, journal, meditate, read, and take time for yourself in the practice of Self Study over the course of 9 months?
Thank you for your time and we are so excited for your interest in this training! I look so forward to hearing back from you and hopefully having you in our next training!
Namaste & Blessings